【IMI Working Paper No. 1801 [EN]】Changing Patterns of China’s Growth
This paper analyzes the sectoral shifts occurred in China in the period 1980-2015. This is done by highlighting the main features in the patterns of growth and productivity of the Chinese economy. The analysis, based on Chinese official statistics, points to the fact that China’s transition from the stage of deep industrialization towards a growth pattern based on the services sector is under way, but might take long to complete. However, it is argued, the process might be shorter than expected in view of the broad scope for expansion in financial services, and of China’s extraordinary track record as a fast reformer.
China; growth; productivity; sectoral analysis
Juan Carlos Martinez Oliva, Senior Director for Economics, Statistics, and Research, Bank of Italy, Member of IMI International Committee.
- 【IMI Working Papers No.1510】人民币国际化势在必行
- 【IMI Working Papers No.1004】系统性金融风险研究：演进、成因与监督
- 【IMI Working Papers No. 1823】人民币国际化是防范金融风险的一项制度保障——从人民币国际化的由来谈起
- 【IMI Working Paper No. 1604 [EN]】Indeterminacy in a Matching Model of Money with Productive Government Expenditure
- 【IMI Working Papers No. 1818】金融发展与企业创新产出——基于不同融资模式对比视角