【IMI Working Paper No. 1801 [EN]】Changing Patterns of China’s Growth
This paper analyzes the sectoral shifts occurred in China in the period 1980-2015. This is done by highlighting the main features in the patterns of growth and productivity of the Chinese economy. The analysis, based on Chinese official statistics, points to the fact that China’s transition from the stage of deep industrialization towards a growth pattern based on the services sector is under way, but might take long to complete. However, it is argued, the process might be shorter than expected in view of the broad scope for expansion in financial services, and of China’s extraordinary track record as a fast reformer.
China; growth; productivity; sectoral analysis
Juan Carlos Martinez Oliva, Senior Director for Economics, Statistics, and Research, Bank of Italy, Member of IMI International Committee.
- 【IMI Working Papers No.1518】全球货币还是多元储备？——对20世纪国际货币体系变迁的评价和展望
- 【IMI Working Papers No.1510】人民币国际化势在必行
- 【IMI Working Papers No.1004】系统性金融风险研究：演进、成因与监督
- 【IMI Working Paper No. 1604 [EN]】Indeterminacy in a Matching Model of Money with Productive Government Expenditure
- 【IMI Working Papers No.1524】含有图结构约束的稀疏最小方差资产组合模型