【IMI Working Paper No. 1901 [EN]】 Multivariate Filter Estimation and ARDL Model Analysis of China’s Potential Output
【Abstract】 In this paper, we apply a new multivariate filter approach developed by Borio et al. (2014) to estimate China’s potential output. Furthermore, we build an ARDL model to analyze the influence on potential growth caused by important factors that contribute to estimation and China’s development. Our results show that the current economic slowdown is not a cyclical phenomenon and China’s potential growth has declined since 2010. We also show that fix asset investment and trade, which have a long run relationship with potential output, exert negative long-run effect on potential growth justifying the implementation of China’s recent supply-side reforms.
【Keywords】 Potential output, Economic growth, Multivariate filter, ARDL
Dong Qi, Hanqing Advanced Institute of Economics and Finance, Renmin University of China.
Liu XiangBo, Hanqing Advanced Institute of Economics and Finance, Renmin University of China; School of Labor and Human Resources, Renmin University of China; Research fellow of IMI.
- 【IMI Working Papers No.1510】人民币国际化势在必行
- 【IMI Working Papers No.1004】系统性金融风险研究：演进、成因与监督
- 【IMI Working Papers No. 1823】人民币国际化是防范金融风险的一项制度保障——从人民币国际化的由来谈起
- 【IMI Working Paper No. 1604 [EN]】Indeterminacy in a Matching Model of Money with Productive Government Expenditure
- 【IMI Working Papers No. 1818】金融发展与企业创新产出——基于不同融资模式对比视角